Compliance and Implementation
- Understand why POPI was implemented
- What is classified as Personal Information
- Steps implement the POPI Act
- Understand the 8 conditions of the act.
- Duties of an Information Officer.
- What Policies and Procedures you should look at implementing or updating
- How to identify what your company is
- Pre-Authorization of personal information
- The difference between the GDPR and POPI
All businesses with employees, customers and suppliers must comply with the POPI Act which comes into effect on 1 July 2021
Enrol in this course and kick-start your way to compliance!
Overview of POPI
Condition One to Three
Condition Four to Six
Condition Seven & Eight
POPI Implementation One
POPI Implementation Two
The goal of the POPI Act is to protect data subjects from security breaches, theft, and discrimination. To accomplish this, it outlines the eight principles that South Africa data processors must follow. Each condition encourages responsibility, security, and consent.
Get started for only
What our students are saying
"I am so glad I did this course. I know understand POPI and the 8 conditions in much more detail than before. My team and I have used this course as a base and have successfully reviewed and implemented POPI in our workplace."
"Great course packed with all the information that is important. It is a great course packed full of easy to understand steps that any business can follow to become compliant."
"This course did not only help us understand POPI but also implement it. After implementation we used UpSkill's POPI Employee Compliance training course to train all our employees. It made the process of implementing the policies and procedures simple and easy."